Friday, July 14, 2017

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door

9961796 Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.














Cover: Cute
Rating: 4 Stars
Overall: A cute romance story
Characters: Fun and charming
Plot: When the boy who broke her heart moves back in the house next door, Lola must decide what she wants in life.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Favorite Character: Cricket
Source: I own

I loved Anna and the French Kiss, so I had to give this one a read. At first I wasn't sure what to think. It started out...chaotic. Not necessarily in a bad way, but first her boyfriend Max reminded me on my one and only ex...(still hard to type that) Then she has two dads, which I didn't mind, but with that introduced early on, I really wasn't sure what else the book was going to throw out there. It wasn't until the line: "'Hi' Cricket grinned." that I was fully hooked! As soon as Cricket is introduced I loved him and his odd, quirky ways! From that line on, I was crazy about this book and couldn't put it down! While I still like St. Clair and Anna a little more, I absolutely adored this couple!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment