Thursday, August 10, 2017

Review: Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5

10226366 Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 by Kiiro Yumi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Iku is about to face her most difficult challenge--her parents are coming to visit the library where she works! When she joined the Library Forces, she told her parents that she was just going to be a librarian Now they might discover that she's on the ultra-dangerous Task Force. Can her parents ever accept that she's a library warrior?




This one was a fun, yet heartbreaking addition to the series. I hated seeing Komaki go through his ordeal, but I loved the story overall, and really enjoyed a love story other than Kasahara's! I really loved the art in this one, and it was fun seeing Kasa get dolled up! This series keeps getting better, and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm loving the mix of relaxed and playful with the serious and danger air that keeps coming up. I also loved how the parent arc was handled and the ending was much better than I had expected!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment