Thursday, December 7, 2017

Review: The Gate Guardian's Daughter

35090622 The Gate Guardian's Daughter by K.T. Munson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The interplanetary gates require guardians and the reformed demon Malthael is one of them.

His adoptive daughter, Elisabeth, is special, but her dangerous ability hasn’t awoken yet. Malthael knows it will one day and from then on her life will forever be altered. Malthael isolates her from outside world as much to protect everyone else as to safeguard her. It is all he can do to delay the inevitable.

Now that Elisabeth is ten, how long can Malthael keep her confined?



*I received an ecopy from the author for review. This does not affect my review.*

I...I can't wait to read more of this world! While this story was just a short introduction, I loved Malthael and Elizabeth's relationship, and personalities! This world is unique in that it...sort of turns our understanding upside-down. In this world, the demons, at least some of them, are much nicer, while it's the humans that are rather vile... But that soon changes as Elizabeth starts to mature and grow into her own special abilities!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment